Friday, March 27, 2009

Ann Arbor Film Festival

This week from the 24th-29th is the Ann Arbor Film Festival, and I've ben here all week. It's ben a very interesting and motivating experience. The reason this festival is a lot different from the other festivals I've attend ( Ottawa International, PlatForm, Kafi..) is that it is primarily focused around experimental animation films. To be completely honest I often find experimental animation very hard to watch, and prefer narrative pieces. However,  a few of the films have caught my attention, one in particular,  "Danse Macabre" 
I also really enjoyed the film "Operated by Invisible Hands"
I'm really looking forward to tomorrows programming, it's a showcase of kid friendly animations, including one from my former professor Dave Chai!! 


1 comment: